The Fox Chapel Authority (FCA) is seeking candidates for the Manager position, due to the retirement of the long-time manager. The FCA serves approximately 5500 customers in the municipalities of O’Hara, Indiana, Harmar Townships and Fox Chapel Borough. A seven-member Board of Directors is appointed by these municipalities to hire the Manager and provide oversight.
The Manager provides operational, financial, human resources and emergency/disaster management with the goal of providing customers with quality and cost-effective water service.
- Plan, direct and control administration of the Authority, including financial, information technology, procurement, human resources and capital improvement processes.
- Develop and present annual operating and capital budgets.
- Collaborate with professional service providers, including Consulting Engineer, Solicitor and Auditor.
- Maintain open communication with municipal officials, Pittsburgh Water and Sewer Authority, Allegheny County Department of Public Works, Penn DOT, and other local, state and federal agencies.
- Supervise management and support staff; negotiate and administer the collective bargaining agreement.
- Stay current with trends in water utility management, maintaining technical knowledge and skills.
- Five years of progressively responsible operations management and supervisory experience, preferably with a water or sewer utility.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, including Word and Excel.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (Business, Finance, Engineering, Public Administration).
- Demonstrated skills in planning and prioritizing; problem solving; leadership and teambuilding; verbal and written communications.
- PA State Board Certification of Water and Wastewater System Operators at Minimum E12 Level (current or to be obtained within 12 months of hire).
Send cover letter (with salary requirements) and resume to: email@example.com no later than May 1, 2020.
Equal Opportunity Employer